Qualification: Bachelor’s in Computer Science
Experience: 4 to 5 years
System Administration – Private Cloud job available in Lahore for one of the leading Telecommunication Company in Pakistan. Resource should have done Bachelor’s in Computer Science (strong knowledge & skills of Private Cloud and Virtualization Technologies) and hands-on experience for hardware and enterprise system along with 4 to 5 years of work experience in following domains;
- Complex systems design, systems software and support
- System Administration for Enterprise Systems & Storages (IBM, Lenovo, Huawei, HP, DELL)
- System Administration for Operating Systems (specially Linux & Windows)
- System Administration for Private Cloud (Infrastructure as a Service)
- System Administration for Open stack and other open source deployments
System Administration – Private Cloud is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners.
- Design and implement reliable and cost effective solutions to address enterprise business requirements.
- Operate & Maintain Private Cloud deployments and other IT Systems
- Implementation and Operations of Systems related assignments
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Meet with all stake holders to gather technical information and make action plans accordingly
- Manage and document configurations, maintain up to date inventory
- Achieve targets for availability and KPIs by periodic checks and standard routines.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Fulfill department requirements for onsite and after office hour support coverage
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments and seek out ways to improve their productivity as well as SLA/OLA with other functions & departments
- Well versed with IT Policy & Processes and best practices to ensure compliance
- Monitoring of Operating System and Server performance to recommend necessary system enhancements for optimum utilization of available resources and avoid any possible bottlenecks in day to day business.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develop and manage backup and restoration activities for disaster recovery strategy for all of the systems.
- Implement Security policies with coordination of Information Security Function to secure system and ensure data is safe from viruses, unauthorized access, misuse and end users access according to their approved privileges.
- In-depth knowledge, implementation and operational skills for latest advance virtualization technologies.
- Expert level skills for operations & maintenance of Private cloud (IaaS)
- Expert level skills for deployment and O & M of Openstack.
- In-depth knowledge of KVM, VMWare, Hyper-V and other hypervisors
- Proven experience of working with different server hardware products from Dell, HP, IBM & Huawei
- Strong knowledge and working experience SAN storages
- Expert level skills of operating system administration for Linux and Microsoft Windows 2012/2016
- Strong Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (include Agile, SDN, and NFV).
- Hand on experience on Huawei Fusion Cloud solution would be an added advantage
- Hand on experience of Huawei hardware, E9000 blade chassis and Huawei Rackmount servers would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Network Management Systems and SNMPv1, v2, v3
- Skills to manage and document configurations, inventory and should be well versed in designing of vision diagrams
- Hands on Experience with monitoring tools for Open stack and other virtualization deployments
- Experience of working with modern configuration management tools
- Experience with distributed storage solutions.
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Accuracy, proficiency, time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective communication skills
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title System Administration – Private Cloud in the email
Last date to apply for the job is 30th January, 2019
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.