Qualification: Bachelors / Masters
Experience: 8 to 10 years
Manager Editor job available in Karachi for a leading Multinational Publishing Press in HEAR (Higher Education, Academic and Reference) Editorial. Resource should have done Bachelors / Masters from top tier universities along with 8 to 10 years of relevant working experience at a managerial position for publishing department.
Manager Editor job role is to lead and manage the Higher Education, Academic and Reference (HEAR) section of OUP’s Publishing department and managing publishing content that combines the innovative writing skills with the practical focus of operations. Resource should be willing to travel domestically and internationally as per business need.
- Develop publishing strategy and plans, conduct market research, commission work, and strengthen the pool of authors
- Develop resources and enhance the editorial team’s capacities to deliver without compromising on quality, international standards and reputation, and compliance regulations
- Supervises the editing activities of the publishing department
- Deep practical understanding of the publishing business
- Guides the entire production process, ensuring that production and distribution needs are met on schedule and within deadlines
- Practical knowledge and experience of local cultural sensibilities and needs, and also about changing needs and how technology is impacting the industry and work
- Implement best practices, workflows, tools and templates to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the publishing process
- Build and nurture a team of talented writers, designers and producers
- Performing and developing editing, providing expertise about editorial processes and managing editorial
- Publishing Skills
- Editorial Skills
- Technical Writer Skills.
- Excellent Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation skills
- Professional Writer Research Skills.
- Leadership skills
- Listening skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
Apply at email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title Manager Editor in the email
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.