Industry: Manufacturing and Production
Qualification: Bachelors / Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 20 to 22 years
Head of Production job available in Karachi for Manufacturing Company. Resource should have done Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering with 20 to 22 years of relevant experience in Heavy industry.
Head of Production job role is to have knowledge of ERP (SAP), can handle unionized staff, knowledge of performance management system, awareness of all production control and monitoring systems and awareness of total production maintenance and lean production.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting
unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety
inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the
- Manages the plant production function, including supervisors of production employees.
- Ensures and implements improvements for safety, quality, and cost reduction programs.
- Ensures and distributes information to all departments and concerned parties to ensure
effective communications and operations.
- Supervises plant general and preventative maintenance supervisors, if applicable.
- Works with suppliers to resolve material issues, if applicable.
- Ensure all areas of Production Stages meet quality standards and customer needs
- Leads improvement teams to resolve quality and production issues
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will
discourage third party interference but promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Works within the guidelines of the labor agreement.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of
responsibility and provides for related training of employees.
- Coordinate production & production planning operations and manage relevant divisional
- Ensure production is as per the plans communicated by Sales & Marketing department.
- Ensure the divisional strategies are aligned with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Ensure that all relevant employees adhere to the EHS policies and regulations.
- Prepare and monitor implementation of the annual budget of the said division.
- Improve on the existing production management strategies.
- Develop said department in a way that preliminary or first maintenance can be done by
production team. Also production team to be trained to identify and pin point breakage/
stoppage beforehand (By monitoring sound, temperature, vibration, behavior etc.)
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title Head of Production in the email
Last date to apply for the job is 15th November, 2018
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.