Industry: Microfinance Banking
Qualification: LLB / LLM
Experience: 6 to 8 years
Head of Legal job available in Karachi for one of the leading Microfinance Bank. An ideal candidate should be having LLB / LLM degree along with 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience in Corporate and Labour Law preferably in the banking/finance sector. For this Head of Legal position, professional should be associated as a Bar Council Member.
Head of Legal job role is to render effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinion, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by various functions of the Bank.
- Provide appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law to firmly secure the interest of the Bank
- Supervise and oversee drafting of major contracts, agreements and other legal documents as required by the Bank
- Supervise legal research and analysis, identify important issues and appraise the departments of emerging legal trends from court decisions and tender advice to avoid unnecessary litigation, etc.
- Monitor the performance of the panel lawyers and render advice on formation of new panels
- Assign court cases to different panel lawyers keeping in view the nature and importance of the cases
- Supervise, appear and monitor the contesting of the cases in various courts of law and to have interaction with Panel Lawyers
- Advise in the matter of preferring of appeals in superior courts and in the matter of taking recourse to other legal remedies
- Processing of various Fee Bills of panel lawyers and settlements of fee etc.
- Prepare replies to legal notices received
- Handle employees related matters vis a vis monitoring drafting of show cause, suspension, termination letters, form investigation committee and advise HR on employment laws
- Excellent communication
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Management skills
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title Head of Legal in the email.
Last date to apply for the job is 25th October, 2019
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.