Sector: Software / Hardware / Networking
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Executive IT – Database Administrator is required in Islamabad for a leading Telecom Company. Candidates must have Bachelor degree, preferably in Information Technology and/or Telecommunications with 3 years’ experience as a DBA supporting MySQL, SQL Server , Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC databases in a large-scale Unix and Linux environment.
Executive IT – DBA will be responsible for 24×7 operations of an Oracle DB environment supporting business critical applications. The resource will be a senior technician and adviser to line and project teams in database administration, service improvements, architecture, and designing and implementing best-practice maintenance work.
- Migrate, upgrade, install, administrate Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Manages database maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Monitors and ensure error free services from Database end
- Analyze traces, debug stored procedures, triggers and packages
- Handles complex databases on different types of OS (Linux, Solaris, Windows)
- Able to diagnose performance issues and help to troubleshoot it, performs physical and logical backups
- Assist developers, operations team and data warehouse team in day to day operational support
- Database Lifecycle Management, Archiving and compression techniques
- Clear understanding of Database Architecture, Operating Systems, Client/Server Architecture, Middleware and Hardware (Servers, SAN, Network)
- Supports in RMAN Backups, Restore & Recovery Scripting, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Plan for system growth and monitor capacity usage for new hardware or software requirements and communicate these capacity requirements to management.
- Oracle RAC 10g/11g deployment with ASM/Raw devices.
- Regular Security patching on oracle products and interim patching for various bug fixes on database products
- Implementation of best practices for database security polices, naming conventions and backups.
- Able to understand Replication technologies and Data warehouse standards Dataguard etc.
- Vendor Management
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g,11g, 12c Single instance / RAC
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2013
- Knowledge of basic Linux/Solaris administrative commands
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g Enterprise Grid tool
- Knowledge of Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of VERITAS Netbackup
- Knowledge of Dataguard
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title Executive IT – Database Administrator in the email.
Last date to apply for the job is 25th June, 2018
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.