Qualification: Bachelors / Masters
Experience: 12 to 15 years
Director Operations is required in Karachi with a Publishing / Press. Job opportunity for candidates having Bachelors or Masters degree with 15 years of experience, mostly on Leadership and Managerial role with deep practical understanding Warehouse, Demand Planning, Procurement, Production Planning and Customer Services departments.
Director Operations will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, delivering and monitoring the key operation aspects of the company. The candidates will work closely with the Senior management team to lead the Branch operating model, specifically in the areas of procurement, demand planning, warehousing, distribution, customer services, supply chain and administration , through maintenance, development or rationalization of existing policies, standards, processes, operating systems and improvement initiatives.
- As part of Senior Management team responsible for supporting business direction, target delivery and values implementation.
- Responsible for strategy development and deployment, performance management, total cost management and business operations execution (functions include Procurement, Warehouse, Demand Planning, Production Planning including QC ,Customer Services, HSSE implementation and Administration) for both current operation and plans for future growth. Establish and maintain relationships with key organizational leaders, vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders across multiple regions or functional departments.
- To lead and support staff within Operations function to champion values and Policies with particular focus on Code of Conduct and Ethical Policies. Provide a proportionate empowering environment that will identify and develop talent thereby attracting and retaining best performers in team, in-order to take leadership roles in future.
- Responsible for the leadership of a range of operational processes and capability across ensuring that a branch process governance exists for the relevant operational functions and that their activities are aligned with the strategic goals of the Branch and Division.
- To drive efficiencies through economies of scale, coordinated use of all resources across the Branch and process improvements in order to maintain required margins including engendering a commercially responsible contracting approach, lower the total cost of ownership for the branch and to create investment capacity for mission led activities;
- Responsible for coordinating forecast activities, determining their validity through professional challenge and rigor and subsequent responsibility for correct calenderized demand planning, procurement, production and warehousing distribution to ensure stock availability at all locations in order to achieve the sales target/ forecast. This covers both fast and slow moving titles / stock.
- Be an active part of product pricing process by maintaining an accurate awareness of production costs and also maintaining an awareness of local and imported titles including market awareness of competition, growth and profit to assist in the development of marketing plans.
- Participate and take lead in global, divisional and branch level initiatives and motivate concern team members to participate which will enhance the leadership capacity and will provide opportunity to contribute to the growth of business and its people.
- Strong reflection of leadership, people management and development, communication, interpersonal, analytical and critical skills.
- Practical knowledge and experience of the local population’s cultural sensibilities and needs, and also about changing needs and how technology is impacting the industry and work.
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP and other ERP.
Apply at email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title Director Operations in the email
Last date to apply for the job is 25th October, 2017
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.