Sector: Telecom Engineering
Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Telecommunications
Experience: 6 years
Assistant Manager IT (Database Administrator) job in Islamabad with a Leading Telecom Company. Candidates with Database Administration experience looking for a career opportunity, apply now for Assistant Manager IT – Database Administrator. If you have Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Telecommunications along with Master’s Degree and 6 years of industry experience in DBA role with at least last 1 year in management or supervisory role then share your resume for the job.
Assistant Manager IT (Database Administrator) will be responsible for the organizations database platform (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySql) and Data protection (Veritas) portfolio from daily support and maintenance to designing and implementing the strategic roadmap. This individual will take on a senior role, assisting technical lead and working with data architect, system administrators, application team leaders, in a transactional database and data warehouse environment.
- Performs daily database administrative duties, including but not limited to error monitoring, performance management, and processor utilization analysis and data integrity validation.
- Proficiency with SQL Server and Oracle Backup and Recovery including point in time and point of failure recovery.
- Design backup and recovery custom strategies to meet individual client requirements .
- Administer data backup reporting environment. Administration includes working with the vendor for upgrades, setting environment variables, creating customized reports, and providing technical support to ensure environment is available for user
- Ability to provide 24×7 on call and onsite coverage when needed (weekends, public holidays)
- Assist developers , operations team and data warehouse team in day to day operational support.
- Performing physical and logical Backups & Recovery.
- Developing and recommending service and process improvements within Infrastructure domain.
- Develop technical and procedural documentation for related systems and applications.
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery tests to ensure that plans are current and effective.
- Work closely with vendors and other suppliers of information systems related products and services to implement solutions or solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations.
- Reporting on process improvements, team performance and agreed service levels.
- Support of ITIL standard best practices and contribute to continuous improvement of processes.
- Ensures service level agreements are met both operationally and for contracted services.
- Coordinates the team to ensure incidents are managed professionally, investigated and remedial actions implemented.
- Communication & team management skills
- Strong technical skills, yet able to communicate in non-technical terms.
- Self-driven with ability to handle pressure
- Solution and task oriented with focus on deliverables
- Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database and MySql administration and maintenance of current supported versions.
- Migrate, upgrade, install, administer , patch Oracle and MS SQL database
- Hands on experience with handling complex clustered databases on different flavours of OS (Linux, Solaris, Windows)
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title Assistant Manager IT (Database Administrator) in the email.
Last date to apply for the DBA job is 20th December, 2016
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.