Sector: Telecom Engineering
Qualification: Bachelors / Masters
Experience: 6 to 8 years
Assistant Manager IT – Database Administration is required in Islamabad for a Leading Telecom Company. If you have Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Telecommunications (Master’s Degree will be preferred) then apply now for the job in Islamabad. 6 to 8 years of industry experience in DBA role with at least last 1 year in management or supervisory role is required.
Assistant Manager IT – Database Administration job role is responsible for the organizations database platform (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySql) and Data protection (Veritas) portfolio from daily support and maintenance to designing and implementing the strategic roadmap.
- Performs daily database administrative duties, including but not limited to error monitoring, performance management, and processor utilization analysis and data integrity validation.
- Proficiency with SQL Server and Oracle Backup and Recovery including point in time and point of failure recovery.
- Design backup and recovery custom strategies to meet individual client requirements .
- Administer data backup reporting environment. Administration includes working with the vendor for upgrades, setting environment variables, creating customized reports, and providing technical support to ensure environment is available for user access.
- Ability to provide 24×7 on call and onsite coverage when needed (weekends, public holidays)
- Assist developers , operations team and data warehouse team in day to day operational support.
- Performing physical and logical Backups & Recovery.
- Developing and recommending service and process improvements within Infrastructure domain.
- Develop technical and procedural documentation for related systems and applications.
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery tests to ensure that plans are current and effective.
- Work closely with vendors and other suppliers of information systems related products and services to implement solutions or solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations.
- Reporting on process improvements, team performance and agreed service levels.
- Support of ITIL standard best practices and contribute to continuous improvement of processes.
- Ensures service level agreements are met both operationally and for contracted services.
- Communication & team management skills
- Strong technical skills, yet able to communicate in non-technical terms.
- Self-driven with ability to handle pressure
- Solution and task oriented with focus on deliverables
- Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database and MySql administration and maintenance of current supported versions.
- Migrate, upgrade, install, administer, patch Oracle and MS SQL database
- Hands on experience with handling complex clustered databases on different flavours of OS (Linux, Solaris, Windows)
- Experience with Oracle RAC, MS SQL (Always on Availability Group) and MySQL Cluster Grade Edition
- Experience with Windows, Solaris, AIX, and Linux environment
- Experience and exposure to storage management
Apply at email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title Assistant Manager IT – Database Administration in the email.
Last date to apply for the job 24th November, 2017
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.