Qualification: BS/MS in Computer Engineer/Science/IT
Experience: 8 to 10 years
AM Fiber Network Planning job available with one of a leading telecom company in Islamabad. BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Science/IT degree from reputable institutes with 8 to 10 years’ experience is required in Fiber Network Planning. Certifications related to Fiber planning & design will be a plus.
AM Fiber Network Planning will be responsible to Plan & Design the fiber topology and routes.
- Plan & Design the Optical fiber topology & routes as per the requirement.
- Develop high-level fiber designs from both desktop (GIS, Google Earth) and field review.
- Budgeting of end to end fiber project from the short-term & long-term perspective
- RFP Formation, Technical Evaluations & Manage the contractor qualification process and bidding of engineering.
- Assist is annexures preparation and assistance in the contract signing
- Commercial and technical comparison/Evaluation & Analysis of submitted proposals.
- Develop List of Authorization bodies involved in proposed fiber plant.
- Develop cost estimate models & fiber vendor evaluation considering on the net/off net fiber footprints.
- Manage various suppliers and vendors during the engineering including management of the vendors from both budget and schedule aspect.
- Coordinate with multiple internal customers, including project managers, Operations managers & procurement in support of bringing each project to completion.
- Prepare the initial fiber project feasibility analysis document based on the technical & commercial requirements
- Design routes for fiber-based services including Point to point, Ring & point to multipoint topologies.
- Ensure the planning works & specification are according to ITU-T and IEEE standards.
- Create and implement a technical inspection and quality assurance procedures
- The ability to optimize and value a fiber engineering design.
- Manage the material ordering of the OFC, associated installation material, ODF & testing kits.
- Develop, read, and manage fiber splice documents, including fiber splice diagrams, spider maps, OTDR, and Power Meter readings.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Manage the as-built diagram after the project execution completion.
- Fiber designing for Passive network elements for FTTX projects.
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Knowledge of Transport layer solution related to DWDM/PTN/OTN networks
- OSP Designing
- CAPEX, OPEX Planning and must have familiarity with future technology in IP area
Apply now at email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title AM Fiber Network Planning in the email.
The last date to apply for the job is 15th August 2018
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.